This hands-on workshop spends the first hour in lecture reviewing suture indications, Antibiotic prophylaxis, anesthesia choice, TD recommendation, documentation of wound repair, and suture care.
The second half is hands-on and really fun. Each participant will learn 6 different sutures appropriate for wound closure including:
Simple interrupted sutures
Horizontal Mattress sutures
Figure 8 suture
3 point Flap suture for triangular lacerations.
The sutures learned in this class are appropriate to outpatient family practice, urgent care, emergency room etc.
We keep instructor to learner ratio small (1:7) to ensure every participant learns every suture! We do sometimes utilize physicians and PA's to assist in the hands on aspect of this course. - but it is still lead by an APRN.
This means spots are limited and tend to fill quickly!
Fee for this class includes a $49.95 fee for the Sim-Vivo simulated suture kit. These will be given to each participant during the class and is yours to keep (pictured above). Included in the kit:
Realistic suturing board with layered synthetic skin including integrated lines and dots to help guide suturing for the beginner
Hegar needle holder
Suture packs (10 in each pack)
3-0 nylon with 30 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
3-0 nylon with 24 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
4-0 nylon with 19 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
Scalpels - #10 and #15
If this class is closed and you are wanting to add this on please email me to add you onto the waiting list.
Presented by Kim Giberga MSN ARNP FNP-C RPhS
Kim has 10 years clinical experience as an ARNP after a first career in education. As a Family Nurse Practitioner, she has worked in the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Interventional Radiology and Endocrinology.
Kim has been a presenter at multiple Texas Nurse Practitioners conference and a speaker to local groups and previous conferences. She loves to suture and teach others the skill!
May 31th Suture Workshop Only Sunday 2-5:15pm 3 Contact Hours
Sunday May30th 2020 12005 Ford Road, Ste 200Dallas, Texas 75234 (469) 840-0700
- Registration starts at 1:45pm.
- Each participant will receive their CE certificate at the end of class.
- There will be water service in our conference room.
- Often the environmental temperatures are not under our control so please bring a jacket or sweater or dress in layers.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, please reach out and contact us.
- Your suture kit is yours to keep -it will come with enough material to practice a lot!
- This is a new location for us so I can't tell you much about the hotels nearby but we're gonna stay at the Omni because their breakfast opens at 6:30 :-) see links below.
- Hotels nearby: Courtyard marriot northwest https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/dalnw-courtyard-dallas-northwest/
- OMNI DALLAS HOTEL AT PARK WEST1590 LBJ FREEWAYDALLAS, TEXAS 75234https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/dallas-park-west/dining/dovers-grille
Special Accommodations: Please notify us in advance if special accommodations are required.
Program Changes: Although we try really hard not to change things, we reserve the right to make necessary changes in speakers, topics or schedules in case of emergency. Our most current agenda will always be online.
Cancellation policy: We understand things happen and try to accommodate whenever possible. Cancellations received 30 days in advance of start dates will receive a full refund less a $50 administration charge. Cancellations less than 30 days in advance of conference may transfer their registration to a colleague -this process goes smoothly if we're given their name at least 24 hours in advance.