Registration opens April 15, 2019
Sunday August 11th 2pm-5pm, Registration starts at 1:45pm
This Beginning Suture workshop will start with a lecture that will cover indications for suturing, what not to suture, Anesthesia choice, wound cleansing, irrigation, foreign bodies, suture thread and needle choice, wound care instructions, complications. Each participant will practice on their own take home suture kit that will be provided at the workshop. Each participant will learn:
simple interrupted sutures
Figure 8 suture
3 point suture for triangular lacerations
The fee for this class includes a $49.95 fee for the simulated suture kit. These will be given to each participant during the class and is yours to keep. Included in the kit:
Realistic suturing board with layered synthetic skin including integrated lines and dots to help guide suturing for the beginner
Hegar needle holder
Suture packs (10 in each pack)
3-0 nylon with 30 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
3-0 nylon with 24 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
4-0 nylon with 19 mm needle, 3/8 circle, reverse cutting
Scalpels - #10 and #15
Participants can earn up to 3.0 contact hours for this class including .27 hours pharmacology credit.
San Antonio 8/11/18 Suture Workshop
- Sunday August 11, 2018
- Norris Conference Center off Blanco and 410 in the Park North Shopping Center 618 NW Loop 410, Suite 207 San Antonio, TX 78216 (210) 738-0040
- Registration starts at 1:45am in the Live Oak Room.
- Each participant will receive their CE certificate at the end of class.
- There will be water service in our conference room.
- Often the environmental temperatures are not under our control so please bring a jacket or sweater or dress in layers.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, please reach out and contact us.
- Much of our presentation will be interactive. Look for our email the week before with instructions on how to download our interactive app to your phone.
- Hotel information can be found at http://norriscenters.com/san-antonio-area-hotels/ this includes info on the Aloft Hotel in the same parking lot.
Special Accommodations: Please notify us in advance if special accommodations are required.
Program Changes: Although we try really hard not to change things, we reserve the right to make necessary changes in speakers, topics or schedules in case of emergency. Our most current agenda will always be online.
Cancellation policy: We understand things happen and try to accommodate whenever possible. Cancellations received 30 days in advance of start dates will receive a full refund less a $50 administration charge. Cancellations less than 30 days in advance of conference will be given a Letter of Credit which will allow them to register for the SAME conference in the next 12 month period for a $50 administration fee, however we can not guarantee we will be presenting in the same location within the specified time period.